Saturday, December 12, 2009

A Visit to Hampi





Last week on saturday , 5th December I had been to Hampi (ಹಂಪೆ) with few of my family members.

First we went to Bellary as our relatives are there.We left Bellary around 9:45AM. Its almost 2 hours journey to Hampi from Bellary .As heavy goods vehicle and mining vehicles travel in that road, its pathetic.But if you have patience and when you reach Hampi you will forget the bad experience of road journey..I had plans of visiting since many years , but became reality thanks to my wife Shobha . Hampi is a beautiful and well maintained place. Thats why its a Worlds heritage site of India along with other known places of world.

But in Hampi there are no good hotels except the one which is maintained by Karnataka government. I want to share one experience, I met a foreign visitor from Austria. When I asked him about his experience in Hampi he really appreciated about India and Hampi. But he pointed out clearly with a laugh told here auto drivers, vendors ,others charge extra amount as soon as they come to know that we are from abroad.Hope concerned will look into this to save Indians image across India and globe.

For more information about Hampi you can visit :
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampi

There are many places which we can see in and around Hampi like:

We also visited TB Dam (ತುಂಗಭದ್ರ ಡ್ಯಾಮ್ ),Hospet and Kannada university.(ಹಂಪೆ ಕನ್ನಡ ವಿಶ್ವ ವಿದ್ಯಾನಿಲಯ )


















So getting ready to visit Hampi  now or whenever you are free :-)  ? For any other info please let me know so that I can share my experience and whatever I know ... ಬನ್ನಿ ಹಂಪೆಗೆ ಹೊರಡೋಣ

4 comments:

Niv said...

Nice explanation.I think i have missed so many places in Hampi in the list you have provided.Will surely try to cover in the next visit.(Hope the guide will help out ;) )

Jnaneshwara said...

Thanks Nive. You require at least one whole day with guide. Please visit next time.We will be there to help you.If time permits we will also join again as its such a beautiful place.

Unknown said...

All are very Beautyfull sir ,
great!! and very good place...

Jessie said...

Hostels are generally a good place to make friends, to meet people from far away countries with ways different than your own.

Cartagena in Colombia